Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our e-commerce platform translates shopping at METRO into the online world. By continuously updating our search service to the developing needs of our clients we ensure customer-centricity. The M.SHOP Search & Discover offers multiple advantages for our food delivery business, store buying customers and mobile app users.
Your new challenges:
· You inspire M.SHOP Search & Discover with new ideas and define the vision for the product based on business objectives and key results.
- definition of search KPIs, monitoring of search performance and continuous optimization to improve the user's search experience
- writing of user stories and backlog planning for the operational implementation
· Analysis of competition and market developments, implementation of A / B tests and evaluation of tracking tools
· You work in an agile work environment with international teams and a diverse set of roles and capabilities
· You collaborate and align with stakeholders and customers on a daily base
· You understand and communicate software architecture on a business level
You are a great fit:
- You have experience in managing products in an agile environment
- You have a good understanding of a website or e-commerce search engine / how it works
- You are a good listener and focused on understanding the real needs of your customers
- You know how to prioritize what matters and how to set clear expectations
- You are ready to solve conflicts and make decisions at any time
- You are an excellent communicator (and well-versed in written and spoken English)
Role Specific Skills:
Product Development: You build the required product through continuous discovery and by applying agile and lean methodologies.
Data-driven mindset: You collect, cluster and interpret data in such a way that helps to identify trends and to guide decision making process. You defines objectives and measures key results and metrics (OKRs).
Managing Stakeholders: You manage the expectations and the objectives of all people who have an interest in their area of responsibility and can affect or are affected by the business. You identify and analyse stakeholders' needs and systematically plan to communicate and engage with them.
Strategic thinking: You have the ability to find and develop unique opportunities to create value by enabling a disruptive and creative dialogue.
Communication: You convey or share ideas, feelings and information effectively using the most appropriate methods, tools and channels for the respective audience.
Our general benefits:
• Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
• Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
• Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme and regular employee events. In addition, there are further surcharges for meals on site.
• Comfort: Berlin-Ticket (BVG) for travel with public transportation and E-Bike Leasing. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Date posted28 December 2021