Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Country Business Service team is looking for an enthusiastic French speaker colleague to join us.
The role involves monitoring and supervision activities, incident handling and managing critical situations by achieving customer expectations, leading action plans and effectively communicate with customers and relevant Metro Cash & Carry counterparts.
Your new challenges:
- Support of METRO Group corporate applications addressing core business needs like Sales, Logistics, Purchasing, Finances & Accounting;
- Monitoring & reporting of data flows, in real time, between existing productive systems, meeting specific deadlines;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues on live production environments;
- Analyzing and solving the incidents sent by the First Level Support;
- Assess, troubleshoot and escalate user problems to specialized teams when necessary;
- Giving required support effectively and in accordance with priority, impact and SLAs;
- Working in close collaboration with other teams and/or customer technical staff to ensure that service delivery to the customer is at the highest standard;
- Identify trends and recurring incidents and document them;
- Improve the existing knowledge base with updates and maintenance of technical documentation.
You are a great fit:
- Degree in information technology or equal education;
- Fluent in English;
- Intermediate in French;
- Knowledge of SQL language: performing queries, ability to understand basic SQL code;
- Curious, self-motivated, willingness to learn and enthusiastic;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Proactive, result oriented team-player with the ability to also work independently;
- Ability to respect deadlines and prioritize a busy workload;
- Motivation to achieve consistently high quality results;
- Good verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills;
- Able to define problems and identify solutions.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted14 December 2021
ProfessionSystem Engineer with French
ProjectCountry Business Service