Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
With the increasing demand for individualized coupons, having real-time coupon and voucher redemption that can be traced back to a campaign and individual purchase – is essential. So here comes 3V, which is a centralized solution for vouchers and coupons management. The solution integrates a centralized coupon repository system into the harmonized application landscape. 3V permits multichannel issuing, handling and redemption of coupons and vouchers.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Software integration
- Infrastructure design and DevOps (housekeeping of application, application installation and environment management, monitoring, problem management and daily business)
- Some of the following technologies:
• Scripting languages: Python/Perl/Bash
• Relational database knowledge: Oracle/Postgres
• CI/CD pipeline: Jenkins/GitHub Workflows
• Orchestration tools: Kubernetes
• IaaC provisioning tools: Ansible/Terraform
• Monitoring best practices and reporting tools: Check MK/ELK/Prometheus & Grafana
- Nice to have:
• Knowledge about application servers (IBM WebSphere Application Server, Wildfly, Glassfish etc.)
• Expertise/Knowledge in working with cloud concepts (OpenStack, GCP etc)
• Design, implementation and maintenance scripts, deployment/installation tools, file transfer scripts
- Willingness to work on call duty service
- Must be fluent in English, both writing and speaking
- Familiar with Agile and Lean methodologies (break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value)
- Ability to work both independently as well as having good team skills
- Understand customer business requirements, in order to provide analysis and recommendations for a successful product implementation
- Trouble-shooting skills and proactive attitude towards problem solving
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted13 December 2021
ProfessionFull Stack Developer