Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
With the increase of the online presence of METRO, the demand for complete digital product master data set in a consistent, accurate, up-to-date throughout the value chain is mandatory. The aim of Article Master Data domain is to offer the relevant master data in the right quality to all consumers.
Your new challenges:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for key stakeholder partners including product teams, corporate and country Business Units, Suppliers and Industry Associations. Actively manage creation of data dictionary, attribute content and data governance, for the PIM Implementation. Maintain a global mindset and make tactical decisions with the big picture goal in mind.
- Lead the METRO Master Data standard development process and solution based on industry standards and GDSN.
- Own the ongoing efforts to improve data, processes with GDSN, and customer satisfaction via the GS1 standards; creating and improving tool kits and documentation.
- Create network with Industry pears by support and mature the GDSN Data Quality and Governance program across segments. Identify and own digitalization opportunities for overall global data synchronization process improvements and enabling business value. Influence industry to support best practices representing METRO and support the development of METROs MDM teams.
- Expand and maintain comprehensive metrics and track issues, problem solving resolutions, contingency plans, and timelines to communicate to stakeholders.
You are a great fit:
- You have strong experience in Data Management, Analytics and Information Technology
- You have working knowledge of GS1 master data and corresponding standards including Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) at a global or regional scale across multiple markets.
- You have strong ability to lead by example and motivate others in a complex matrix organization distributed across multiple counties.
Therefore, it is worth to join us:
- You will be part of a young and passionate international team
- With your work you have an impact to the entire organization, as master data is the foundation for all the internal and external processes
- Will be part of a large expert community, doing projects together, share and learn from each other.
- You will represent METRO digital as Master Data Standards Expert at global, regional and local industry communities and associations.
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Adrian Schröter -Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted30 October 2021