Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
What you can expect:
- IT Strategy: Develop, refine and implement company-wide IT strategies with a focus on supply chain and E-Commerce in a B2B context
- IT Transformation: Create architecture blueprints and guidelines for the IT transformation of our environments into the Google Cloud Platform; ensuring alignment of technical approaches as well as migration scenarios
- Communities: responsible for aligning said strategy and ensuring the creation of the fine-grained guideline definitions within the communities.
- Audit: Assess and evaluate implemented architectures and concepts
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds
- You have several years of experience of implementing business processes of ERP and E-Commerce solutions (on-premises and cloud)
- You know the capabilities and implementations of known vendors (e.g. SAP, Blue Yonder, Microsoft, …) as well as enhancing services (Identity & Access, Hosting, Application Management)
- You are familiar with enhancing products and services of the information security and compliance domain
- You feel very comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE and public clouds (GCP)
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted28 October 2021