Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
- Developing, refining, and implementing company-wide IT strategies with a focus on supply chain and E-Commerce in a B2B context (IT Strategy);
- Creating architecture blueprints and guidelines for the IT transformation of our environments into the Google Cloud Platform and ensuring alignment of technical approaches as well as migration scenarios (IT Transformation);
- Responsible for aligning said strategy and ensuring creation of fine-grained guideline within the communities;
- Assessing and evaluating implemented architectures and concepts (Audit).
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds;
- You have several years of experience in implementing business processes of ERP and E-Commerce solutions (on-premises and cloud);
- You know the capabilities and implementations of known vendors (e.g. SAP, Blue Yonder, Microsoft, etc) as well as enhancing services (Identity & Access, Hosting, Application Management);
- You are familiar with enhancing products and services in the information security and compliance domain;
- You feel very comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE, and public clouds (GCP);
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home.
Our general Benefits:
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule!
- Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we!
- We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring!
Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Position grade within our career framework: Technical Architect Grade 3 (Md10).
Date posted28 October 2021
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBucurești, RomaniaBerlin, GermanyBrașov, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam