Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
Your new challenges:
- IT Strategy: Develop, refine and implement company-wide IT strategies with a focus on supply chain and E-Commerce in a B2B context
- IT Transformation: Create architecture blueprints and guidelines for the IT transformation of our environments into the Google Cloud Platform; ensuring alignment of technical approaches as well as migration scenarios
- Communities: responsible for aligning said strategy and ensuring the creation of the fine-grained guideline definitions within the communities.
- Audit: Assess and evaluate implemented architectures and concepts
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds
- You have several years of experience of implementing business processes of ERP and E-Commerce solutions (on-premises and cloud)
- You know the capabilities and implementations of known vendors (e.g. SAP, Blue Yonder, Microsoft, …) as well as enhancing services (Identity & Access, Hosting, Application Management)
- You are familiar with enhancing products and services of the information security and compliance domain
- You feel very comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE and public clouds (GCP))
You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;
Date posted25 October 2021