Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees are spread across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitalization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of the Design Hub
Our goal is to speed up the process of becoming a true product organization. To get there we start the process with the people we’re designing for and the value the products we’re building bring to those customers.
We understand that the user experience is as important to customer value as well as the underlying functionality so we follow a human-centered design approach to build tailor-made products.
Curious to get more information about the team or the product this role is open for?
- Continuously uncover new problem spaces and opportunities, use cases, usability issues, and potential improvements together with your team as well as stakeholders.
- Tell stories through data. Help stakeholders and users make decisions and know what’s critical based on their needs and the information available to them.
- Define, design, and test tangible concepts and interaction designs in close collaboration with the product team. Engage in the whole process from discovery to delivery, assuring excellence in concept and user interface design every step of the way.
- Talk about UX design as a problem-solving method and explain the value it creates for users, businesses, and stakeholders. Go the extra mile to make great concepts possible.
- Apply UX Metrics in a targeted manner even before development and use them as a quality indicator for your work.
You are a great fit if:
- You are an experienced UX Professional equipped with all the knowledge needed to master product development processes in agile environments, with a high amount of self-responsibility.
- You identify the user and business needs quickly and translate them into testable hypotheses and quantitative experimentation setups. You rely on data, not on opinions.
- You focus on the outcome instead of the output and strongly believe in improvement through steady iteration. Better validated, than perfect.
- You love to talk to end-users and have solid work experience in the application of Human Centered Design methods and tools such as interviewing, contextual inquiry, user journey mapping, prototyping, user testing, etc.
- You can adapt your process to fit the situation at hand. Remote or in person, you’re equally capable to achieve your objectives.
- Your process and your daily work are not defined or constrained by a specific set of tools. Actually, you don't even care and use the tool that does the job.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- Join a product team of passionate people, that strive each day to help Metro make date informed decisions
- With your work, you have a direct and visible impact on the final product. You can continuously influence its development and growth together with the team.
- You will be part of an international UX community of over 30 diverse colleagues. Share, learn and grow together.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical, and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;
We appreciate it if you provide a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF. Keep it short and relevant to the role of a UX Designer. The working process is as important as the result for us.
Date posted14 October 2021