Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Purpose of the department
Depot Management is responsible for stock accuracy, location management, and job efficiency by task creation ensuring the right people are handling the right jobs in the right location at the right time with a primary focus on the inbound and operational processes in all our sites.
We’re looking for someone to?
- Apply testing methodologies during each level of Software Development Life-cycle in order to ensure the product quality
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts to support functional and technical aspects of the software, applying the latest techniques in test automation
- Performing tests in a Continuous integration environment.
- Perform Debugging and Root Cause Analysis of product failures and anomalies
- Collaborate with team colleagues to continuously improve testing and coding practice
- Validate accuracy and integrity of automated test results and report on testing progress;
- Provide guidance and act as a consultant on testing and test automation for team members
You are a great fit if you have:
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation and process improvements;
- Knowledge of automation testing technologies for both UI and API based systems
- Knowledge of Agile testing pyramid and where each testing layer fits in software development
- Knowledge of test automation design, strategy, planning, best-practice, principles and reporting
- Experienced with at least one relevant test framework, e.g. Selenium, RestAssured
- Solid understanding of OOP Concepts
- Proven experience with JAVA programming language
- Experience writing SQL queries and interacting with databases
- Experience with GIT or a similar source control tool
- ISTQB Certifications will be considered as an advantage
- University degree in information technology or comparable education
- Self-motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results
- Ability to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
- Openness to share knowledge and best practices with the team
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment
Date posted06 October 2021