Today technology is driving the world. At METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem. We build the future of wholesale – we make METRO digital.
Purpose of your new department
In your role in the domain Personalized Experience and Touchpoint Management, you will work for business owners to perceive the value in each single individual interaction with METRO. Maintaining up-to-date customer information is essential for any business. Customers expect businesses to provide personalized experience across multiple channels in a seamless and consisting of way.
Your new challenges:
In your new role as Domain Expert personalised messaging you will be able to grow within a product organization that builds the future marketing technology stack for customer-centric communication across all digital channels. As part of a professional & passionate product team you will work with a clear focus on relevance and personalisation to enable customer communication in all communication channels which are used by our customers in 23 countries.
With our METRO cash & carry countries
- Enable, shape and execute digital messaging solutions across countries
- Activate solutions for message execution in most important channels: messenger platforms, push to app, push to web, email, SMS
- Aggregate data points from message interactions and delivery status codes in order to measure delivery rates and delivery delays
- Consult local CRM experts and marketing execution experts on content creation and integration of structured data (articles, offers, catalogues)
- Implement solutions to monitor and optimize sender reputation
- Support the countries in the harmonized usage of our product landscape in regards to digital messaging (campaigns and transaction messages)
- Lead strategic and operational alignments with METRO Cash & Carry countries to activate data-driven message personalization and to improve digital message content
Within a METRO.digital product team
- Contribute in discovery, delivery and development work streams – together with a passionate product team
- Design and conduct A/B-tests and pilots to discover product- & process-improvements
- Analyse technical dependencies and communicate requirements within a product team and with other product teams
- Serve as an active participant and country representative in product development and generate ideas for product evolution.
You are a great fit:
- You have the ability to understand business challenges and requests in detail and translate into technical requirements and process for resolving these
- You have previous experience with digital marketing solutions for customer communication via email/messaging-channels
- You have the ability to understanding of established standards (such as DMARC/DKIM/SPF) to improve deliverability would be a plus
- You have experience working with different APIs for marketing channels with a good understanding of modern IT architecture, usage of RESTful APIs; experience using swagger / SOAPui / Postman or a comparable tool would be a plus
- You communicate in English fluently and can work collaboratively with various teams throughout the broader organization
- You are experienced with agile ways of working in a product team (Scrum, Kanban)
- You have basic understanding of CRM campaign processes
- You have curiosity and passion to learn new tools, like our internal tools that are used in our campaign management landscape
- You are an organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- You are self-aware, positive and strongly committed to customer orientation
- You are use-case driven, with at least clear technical competence and plenty of hands-on experience in email marketing systems and practices, joined with strong business acumen.
Therefore, it is worth to join us:
- Have a direct impact on the experience for customers and prospects
- Enable the business to acquire, retain and keep sustainable relationship with customers.
- Contribute to bring a customer-centric profitable business plan to life
- Enable customer relationship evolution based on experience, expertise and data-driven frameworks.
- Train and educate local country teams in utilizing tools and technical capabilities
You will be part of the international community of CRM and data experts, share good practice in the domain and cross-domain, learn and grow together.
Our general benefits:
- Work-life balance: flexible working hours, 30 days holiday and flex office options. In addition, childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive range of further training opportunities through our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, company pension schemes, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Remote work: Tools and processes that enable flexibility and smooth remote work environment across distributed teams
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals and other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer equal opportunities to all qualified candidates.
Your contact person:
Silke Holzhauer- Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted15 September 2021