Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
Our International Data Sharing portfolio is powered by a blend of unique data and world-leading analytics. By leveraging Metro’s global data on the professional SME customer across 20+ countries, with a deep insight into multiple food categories and global FMCG brands, we are able provide the highest quality insights on business performance, including:
- Assessing changes in customer behavior over time
- Detailed impact of promotional investment on customers and economics.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- You will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle of our solutions
- You should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries.
- You should be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility, keen on adding customer value into a modern system meant to be used worldwide by Metro suppliers.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Proven experience building back-end components using NodeJS, Java, Python, and a variety of databases (SQL Server, BigQuery)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
- Experience designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
- Good knowledge of version control with Git
- Knowledge of continuous integration & deployment tools e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Working experience with SQL
- Working experience in a cloud environment, preferable Google Cloud Platform, is a big plus!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce
- strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems
- Stay on top of technology trends and continuously strive to get better at your craft
- Advanced English language speaker
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;
Date posted13 September 2021