Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to e-commerce platforms and mobile assistants. As an engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We strive to understand our users by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Your new challenges:
- Service Delivery: You will be responsible for the guidance and delivery of solution teams to craft and maintain services to our customers. Alongside with Business- and UX Domain Owners define and follow up on the strategy for your respective services.
Holistic leadership: Recruit, lead, develop and coach software engineers who work in multiple different product teams. Support your teams to become (or stay) empowered product teams by solving customer’s problems rather than implementing a backlog.
- Strategy and culture: Discuss and help define the tech strategy for products you are technically responsible for. Work closely together with other engineering managers and directors in defining and implementing our overall engineering strategy and culture. Partner with other tech and business leaders in the company to drive the success of our digital products
- Bar raiser: Engage as a participant in technical discussions and decision making together with your engineers and architects
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have experience with leading and developing people and a track record as an accomplished leader. You have great people skills and can manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds
- You are or have been an accomplished engineer and do have experience with technical mentoring of junior engineers
- You feel comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE and public clouds (GCP))
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, work from anywhere inside
Germany*, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
*Disclaimer: you still need to come into the office sometimes. Please ask your recruiter for more details.
Date posted09 September 2021