Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
We are looking for a passionate Web Analytics Engineer who is ready to prove his experience in our innovative digital marketing projects.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- Analyze customer behavior in our online channels and become a trustworthy consultant for our stakeholders
- Ensure continuous valid measurement of the products, in close cooperation with product owners from the e-commerce environment. In this context, you will design and develop new tracking parameters for the individual features of the online products
- Define meaningful key figures, carry out sophisticated web analysis and derive recommendations for action, while bridging the gap between business and IT
- Reporting on key metrics, analyzing, interpreting trends and providing actionable insights based on analytical data
- Offer excellent quality of advice, a high level of service orientation and a positive user experience
- Be part of an international agile team in which openness, honesty and transparency play an important role.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Confident handling of digital analytics solutions, preferably Google Analytics 360
- Proven experience and knowledge in the field of web analytics or online marketing
- Proven experience with Marketing Technology services, like Tag Management Systems
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Google Data Studio
- A master's or bachelor's degree in business informatics and economics, ideally with a focus on marketing/e-commerce, or other comparable academic education
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, Jira, and Confluence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as innovative, customer and market-oriented thinking
- Ability to present complex relationships in a structured and simplified manner
- First-class communication skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce
- Open-mindedness and the motivation to continuously learn
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;
Date posted08 September 2021
ProfessionWeb Analytics Engineer