Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
We are building flexible and future oriented Customer Master Data Solutions for B2B and B2C customers in an omnichannel environment. With our customer facing solution we enable potential customers to sign up and register business accounts, to enable them to do business with Metro.
As part of the engineering hub we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/eng...
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: You are involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing and ultimately running it on the cloud. A high working quality, which is ensured by extensive test automation.
Teamwork: You are part of independent small teams with colleagues from all over the world which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. A constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager and UX professional, but also with your customers.
- Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming and/or code reviews. Use of innovative and state of the art technologies.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You are already developing software "full stack" meaning from the front end over the back end to the persistence layer or you want to learn how to do it
- You have fun solving complex business and technical problems and you want to work in a team that shares this ambition with you
- You want to develop yourself constantly and you love to make our digital world a little bit better every day
- You have enthusiasm for automating and automatically scaling tests and deployments with Docker and Kubernetes
- You are interested in monitoring and supporting your solution to ensure the best possible user experience
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted01 September 2021
ProfessionFull Stack Developer