Today, technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From eCommerce to Checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Scope of your Unit and the role:
As Unit Owner of Business Intelligence at METRO.digital, you lead & coordinate the entire BI solutions landscape and the associated organization of METRO.digital, the software/product unit of METRO GROUP.
We, at METRO, own an impressive amount of data related to our business. As the speed of data accumulation increases so does the size & scope that needs to be handled. We operate and develop a cloud-based company-wide data lake and a data warehouse for 10k users in 25 countries. Sharing data with our business partners and using Web Analytics to understand and fulfill our customers’ needs in the best possible way.
In the BI Unit you will have the responsibility to drive the vision & strategy for handling this data and, through innovative methods & technologies, leverage it for improved business decisions with ease of access & outstanding user experience. You will be encouraged to promote and to drive data-driven decision-making within the entire company.
This business unit has several business domains and consists in teams of domain experts, engineers, project managers and domain owners. You will directly lead a group of managers (domain owners) across the locations (Germany and Romania), who in turn handle their teams. You will report to the Managing Director of METRO.digital responsible for the resort.
Your new challenges:
- Drive the Business Intelligence strategy at the company level. How will BI contribute to the success of METRO? Some relevant topics are: cloud, data democratization, augmented analytics, data architecture, data quality, etc.
- The BI Unit is responsible for a major group-wide initiative involving a technological modernization program with far-reaching business objectives as major focus and responsibility in a coming couple of years.
- The Unit Owner is the point of contact for customer interaction and management on a strategic level (and operationally where needed).
- You will lead a team of Domain Owners and support them in their tasks of managing their people and executing the BI strategy, which they help co-create. You will foster a healthy team with active exchange; support the managers in their own career growth and development paths.
- Develop a positive relationship with all the units within METRO.digital and with the business stakeholders with the purpose to enable the acceleration of data leveraging in business decisions. Drive the BI community across business & technology.
- Build a solid understanding on the business processes & goals of the company, the solutions and products we offer in order to identify the key points where BI can add value. Visibly support the business objectives, drive the Unit objectives and contribute to the Board objectives using OKRs.
- Actively work on the unit’s organizational development and contribute to the company’s evolution from the same perspective.
- Prior managerial experience is required (people management, team management, stakeholder management, results management).
- Solid understanding and experience with delivering software projects and products, in particular BI digital solutions; capable of engaging in subject matter discussions and having an opinion.
- Good understanding of traditional BI landscapes.
- Strong understanding of modern BI approaches.
- Solid experience in change and transition management as well as project management.
- As a member of the top management circle at METRO.digital, you have excellent communication skills.
- Very strong leadership skills (authentic and empathetic), ability to grow leaders.
- Retail / wholesale background is a big plus.
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, work from anywhere inside Germany*, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicant's full equal opportunities
Your point of contact:
Adrian Schröter - Talent Acquisition Partner
*Disclaimer: you still need to come into the office sometimes. Please ask your recruiter for more details.
Date posted25 August 2021