Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From eCommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to eCommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As an engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
Your new challenges:
- Holistic leadership: Recruit, lead, develop and coach software engineers who work in multiple different product teams. Support your teams become (or stay) empowered products teams by solving customer problems rather than implementing a backlog
- Strategy and culture: Discuss and help define the tech strategy for products you are technically responsible for. Work closely together with other engineering managers and directors in defining and implementing our overall engineering strategy and culture. Partner with other tech and business leaders in the company to drive the success of our digital products
- Bar raiser: Engage as a participant in technical discussions and decision making together with your engineers and architects
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have experience with leading and developing people and a track record as an accomplished leader. You have great people skills and can manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds
- You are or have been an accomplished engineer in your past career and as a non-manager have to experience technically mentoring junior engineers
- You feel very comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE, and public clouds (GCP))
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home
Our general Benefits:
- Work-life balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day.
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills; free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies.
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets.
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted11 August 2021