Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our Analytics and Data science Hub is a place, where analysts, data engineers and data scientists connect. It’s also here where we leverage data to innovate and make intelligent decisions. In your role you will be part of the Domain Personalized Experience and Touchpoint Management that has the focus for customers to perceive the value in each single individual interaction with METRO.
Your new challenges:
In your new role as Data Analyst and Domain Expert for Recommendations and Customer Lifecycle you are responsible for understanding and promoting the position of our recommender solutions within the marketing domain of METRO.digital. By digging into data sets such as customer response rates, you will have a profound view of the performance of our products to support us finding the best path forward to improve the experience of our 16M+ customers. You will work closely with people from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to share insights and knowledge you gain from thorough data analyses. Leading communication efforts, you will help spread awareness of our data science solutions and promote their usage throughout the company.
You are a great fit:
- You can work collaboratively with various teams throughout the broader organization
- You have strong analytical skills and can think conceptually
- You can visualize data in an insightful way for the right audience with R, Tableau, or other dashboarding platforms
- You can write SQL queries to fetch and filter the right data for the right questions
- You are excited about data science and can explain technical concepts to in an easy and understandable way to a non-technical audience
- You ideally have a background in CRM and online marketing in the retail or e-commerce sector
- You do not shy away from public speaking
- You have curiosity and passion to learn new tools and methods
- You are self-aware, positive, and strongly committed to customer orientation
- You can communicate in English fluently
Therefore, it is worth to join us:
- Have a direct impact on the experience of our customer
- Enable the business to understand and apply the advantages of data science recommendations and customer lifecycle models
- Contribute to bring a customer-centric profitable business plan to life
- Enable customer relationship evolution based on experience, expertise and data-driven frameworks
- Train and educate business and stakeholders in data science capabilities
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, work from anywhere inside Germany*, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Adrian schröter Talent Acquisition Partner
*Disclaimer: you still need to come into the office sometimes. Please ask your recruiter for more details.
Date posted28 July 2021