Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
Are you passionate about driving an excellent engineering culture in your organization? Are you excited about state-of-the-art API design and sharing this knowledge with others? Then the Developer Experience domain and the Developer Portal team are looking for you! METRO's Developer Portal provides a central overview of its API landscape and allows easy exposure and discovery of its service and APIs. As part of the Developer Experience domain, you care about a strong community and an excellent engineering culture. You focus on the developers experience of using a product, its libraries, documentation, and APIs.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- You are responsible for educating about best practices and characteristics of a well-designed API
- You shape METRO's Developer Portal with new ideas and inspiration
- You work in an agile work environment with international teams and a diverse set of roles and capabilities
- You collaborate and align with stakeholder and customers on a daily basis
- You understand and communicate software architecture on a business level
You are a great fit:
- Experience in managing products in an Agile environment
- You have strong knowledge of best practices and characteristics of a well-designed API
- You have a good understanding of the tech stack and product life cycle //start-to-end app development process
- You are a good listener and focused on understanding the real needs of your customers
- You know how to prioritize what matters and how to set clear expectations
- You are ready to solve conflicts and make decisions at any time
- You are an excellent communicator (and well-versed in written and spoken English)
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love
- You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job or from others or by accessing the training programs we have.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted05 July 2021