Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new role:
As Domain Expert for the topic 'IT Security' you ensure that METRO employees worldwide are familiar with METRO's IT security strategy. Thus, you help them to make their work a bit easier and safer by knowing and being trained in the important legal and operational IT security rules and by advising colleagues inside and outside IT on functional and technical security issues. In close cooperation with an international network of IT security specialists, the experts of the technical
departments and the IT security managers of the METRO companies, you will constantly strive for improvements, which you will communicate through creative use of modern media and techniques. You are a member of the IT Compliance Team of METRO.digital.
Your new challenges:
- New Challenge: You are interested in IT Security and you have already first experience in the field of IT Security? Then start the journey together with us, continuously deepen your knowledge and solve complex problems.
- Responsibility: You are responsible for the communication and promotionconcepts of all IT Security topics towards METRO.digital employees and ITSecurity managers of METRO companies and METRO.digital partner companies. You define effective measures for the continuous development of IT Security communication and consider IT Security issues that are brought to the team from METRO or are "state of the art" from an IT Security perspective. You bring your IT Security expertise to the daily functional and technical evaluations of the requests.
- Shaping the future: As part of the team, you will design METRO's IT security strategy and the associated concepts of the future, which specifically consider modern requirements.
- Setting standards: Together in the team and with the responsible experts from the technical departments, you set binding standards for IT Security.
- Talent in communication: Conversations in German or English is a matter of course for you. It does not matter to you whether you are communicating with an employee or a manager. You are familiar with the use of modern media and are interested in breaking new ground when communicating knowledge to target groups.
You are a great fit:
- Strong team player: You are very flexible when it comes to cross-team collaboration and adapt your working methods when necessary to achieve valuable result in a timely manner. Your sense for the right tone at the right time also helps you to communicate convincingly in critical situations. You are open to other opinions and also accept tasks from within the team.
- Professional competence: You quickly understand even complex contexts and can explain them in a comprehensible way. Your in-depth strategic functional and technical IT security knowledge helps you to do this. Terms such as ISO/ESA 27001, multi-factor authentication, shadow IT and pen testing are not foreign to you. You know how to give developers advice on secure code development.
- Mindset: Use as much data as possible instead of subjective statements. Listening and effective communication are your great strengths.
- Methodology skills: Working in an agile environment is not new to you. Ideally, you have already gained experience in communicating IT security topics.
- Technology expertise: Ideally, you already have experience with IT security solutions in the cloud or MS 365.
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores aswell as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Adrian Schröter - Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted26 June 2021