Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
We offer a niche segment of the B2B market their own online shop. We are responsible for the whole user journey from login to order placement. This gives us ample opportunity to use our expertise and data to make decisions regarding this product. Our motto is “effortless ordering” and we strive to make the online experience of our customers a walk in the park.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/eng...
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: You are involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing and ultimately running it on the cloud. A high working quality, which is ensured by extensive test automation.
Teamwork: You are part of independent small teams with colleagues from all over the world which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. A constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager and UX professional, but also with your customers.
- Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming and/or code reviews. Use of innovative and state of the art technologies.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have profound knowledge of and are an expert in PHP and have worked extensively with Spryker and Symfony before.
- You have good knowledge of and have worked with Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL.
- You are a follower and advocate of writing clean, readable and maintainable code.
- TDD/BDD approaches are second nature to you.
- You have enthusiasm for automating and automatically scaling tests and deployments (with Docker and Kubernetes) and know your way around CI/CD pipelines
- You keep yourself up to date and follow the latest news and trends in the industry.
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme and regular employee events. In addition, there are further surcharges for meals on site.
- Comfort: Berlin-Ticket (BVG) for travel with public transportation and E-Bike Leasing. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted18 June 2021
ProfessionFull Stack Developer