Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
MMS Bonus Systems is a business strategic application which aims to achieve a state of the art from the technology point of view and to continuously evolve into this direction. The multitenant microservice architecture serves 23 countries, each one with their own rules and particularities. It combines technologies as Springboot, React, Docker, Kubernetes with a very stable Oracle database, and it is ready every day to be reshaped in its best version for satisfying the user needs.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- The role of Automation Engineer is to design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions and forge a solid automation strategy going forward
- Evaluate the effectiveness of established test automation processes and continuous delivery process. Identify and implement appropriate changes and improvements where necessary
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of the product strategy
- Work closely with developers as they write and develop code to ensure requirements are being met and overall quality is achieved
- Provide guidance and act as a consultant on testing and test automation for team members
- Coordinate and implement test automation solutions and activities inside the project and record the test results
- Apply appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long-term goals of the testing solution based on the product tech stack
- Collect and report daily statistics and test metrics
- Analyze and raise defects when appropriate and retest defect fixes
- Work closely with other automation engineers to ensure a correct implementation of the company`s test automation strategy
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of automation testing technologies for both UI and API based systems as well as Gherkin DSL
- Experienced with at least one relevant test framework, e.g. Selenium, RestAssured, Cypress
- Knowledge of Agile testing pyramid and where each testing layer fits in software development
- Solid understanding of OOP Concepts
- Java, C#, Python
- Experience using practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and BDD
- Solid understanding of GIT version control, including branching and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of Docker containerization is a plus
- Experience working with databases
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal)
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love
- You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job or from others or by accessing the training programs we have.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted17 May 2021