The world today is largely driven by technology. At METRO digital, we are driving digitization for one of the leading international wholesalers in the food sector. From e-commerce to POS systems and delivery software, we are working on a wide range of solutions to meet the needs of our users, customers and METRO employees from over 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we are moving the wholesale industry towards digitalization and using METRO's long history and expertise in B2B to build a more sustainable market ecosystem.
The purpose of your new department:
Our claim “Your success is our business” is what we are striving for. We want to make our customers more successful. Time is what they do not have. Our web and ecommerce platform translates shopping at METRO into the online world. By continuously updating our service to the developing needs of our clients we ensure customer centricity.
Your new challenges:
- Continuously uncover new problem spaces and opportunities, use cases, usability issues, and potential improvements for the user journey of METRO. Together with customers, your team as well as country stakeholders.
- Define, design and test tangible concepts and interaction designs for the METRO E-Commerce Platform in close collaboration with full-stack developers. You love working from discovery to delivery, assuring excellence in concept and user interface design every step of the way.
- You love to talk about design as problem solving method and you can explain the value it creates for users, businesses, and stakeholders. You go the extra mile to make great concepts possible.
- User Experience Metric concepts like HEART, UEQ or CSAT are not foreign to you. You apply them in a targeted manner even before development and use them as a quality indicator for your work.
You are a great match:
- You are an experienced UX Professional equipped with all the knowledge needed to master product development processes in agile environments, with a high amount of self-responsibility.
- Your background in ecommerce UX helps you identify user and business needs quickly and translate them into testable hypotheses and quantitative experimentation setups. You rely on data, not on opinions.
- You focus on outcome instead of output and strongly believe in improvement through steady iteration. Better validated, than perfect.
- You love to talk to end users and have solid work experience in the application of Human Centered Design methods and tools such as interviewing, user journey mapping, prototyping and A/B testing.
- UX design and wireframing with tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision App, Axure or on paper is part of your daily work. Actually, you don’t care and use the tools which does the job.
Therefore, it is worth to join us:
- With your work you have direct and visible impact on the product. You can see it develop and grow continuously together with the team.
- You will be part of an international UX community of over diverse 30 colleagues. Share, learn and grow together.
Our general benefits:
- Work-life balance: flexible working hours, work from anywhere inside Germany*, 30 days holiday and flex office options. In addition, childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive range of further training opportunities through our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, company pension schemes, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals and other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicant’s full equal opportunities.
Please provide a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF. Keep your portfolio short and relevant to the role of an UX Designer. The working process is just as important as the result for us.
Your contact person:
Adrian Schröter- Talent Acquisition Partner
*Disclaimer: you still need to come into the office sometimes. Please ask your recruiter for more details.
Date posted13 May 2021