Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/eng...
What you can expect:
- The role of Automation Engineer is to design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions
- Your responsibility will be ensuring the quality of software releases and forging a solid automation strategy going forward
- Evaluate the effectiveness of established test automation processes and continuous delivery process. Identify and implement appropriate changes and improvements where necessary
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of the product strategy
- Understand the requirement and design test procedures and test cases for automated software testing
- Provide guidance and act as a consultant on testing and test automation for team members
- Coordinate and implement test automation solutions and activities inside the project and record the test results
- Work closely with other automation engineers to ensure a correct implementation of the company`s test automation strategy
- Work closely with developers as they write and develop code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality
- Analyse and review project documentation and raise any questions or anomalies
- Apply appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long-term goals of the testing solution based on the product tech stack
- Collect and report daily statistics and test metrics
- Analyse and raise defects when appropriate and retest defect fixes
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of automation testing technologies for both UI and Rest based systems as well as Gherkin syntax
- Knowledge of Agile testing pyramid and where each testing layer fits in software development
- Development/Coding experience in Java, Kotlin (with Selenium)
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience of using industry standard tools such as JIRA /Confluence
- Experience using practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and BDD
- Solid understanding of GIT version control, including branching and conflict resolution.
- Experienced with at least one relevant test framework, e.g. Selenium, RestAssured, JUnit, TestNG,
- Knowledge of Docker containerisation
- Experience working with databases
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal)
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme and regular employee events. In addition, there are further surcharges for meals on site.
- Comfort: Berlin-Ticket (BVG) for travel with public transportation and E-Bike Leasing. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted09 April 2021