Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
M|INVOICE is the solution allowing for digital storage, access and download of customer invoices. With easy access and reliability, the solution improves the customer experience and helps reduce the paper waste. Getting through the paper bureaucracy and keeping track of documents is one of the biggest struggles of all business owners and our solution helps solve this challenge
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
What you can expect:
- Cloud: As architect for our cloud infrastructure, you are setting the foundation and enable development teams to use the power of Google Cloud and other Cloud Native technologies. As a main stakeholder, you represent infrastructure needs in your area and advocate for optimal usage.
- Bridge to engineering: You serve as a link between the engineers within your area and the architecture community. Within this community, you are also advising the technical management and evolve & align on our architecture principles.
- Setting the standards: You promote and implement the agreed standards, processes, and tools of METRO digital within your area, while working towards improving them based on your experience and feedback. In collaboration with the IT security team, you are supporting the teams, to establish and implement IT security standards.
- Cross functional collaboration: As Technical Architect, you also advise product owners and domain/unit owners on technical vision and strategy.
- Continuous improvement: You are constantly looking for new inspiration to improve the architecture in and beyond your area of responsibility. Nobody likes to produce waste in terms of not used solutions, so you are advocating for early feedback and other lean practices.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have experience in software development, cloud infrastructure (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) and worked in a similar (architect) role.
- You are experienced in architecting, implementing, and running large scale, business critical applications that require high availability. Extensive knowledge in different architecture styles (such as microservice architectures, monolithic applications or building mobile apps) is given.
- You have experience and knowledge of cloud native technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, GitHub, Datadog and/or similar. Additionally, you have also good knowledge of web security and networking.
- You have a wide range of expertise that includes modern operations approaches (e.g. DevOps, SRE), API strategies, application monitoring, agile methodologies, software testing, Continuous Delivery, etc.
- You can discuss architecture principles and advocate them in a compelling manner to an English-speaking audience. One of your strength is also to translate business requirements into technical frameworks.
- You are curious and exited to learn as well as use new technologies and architecture styles.
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted01 April 2021