Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Yellow Pages is the destination of METRO.digital’s structure to steer the belonging people of solutions, products, services and more. It aims to increase transparency over our entities(such as Solution, Product, Service, Initiative, etc) and the people that are working on them. The solution integrates with HR, Finance/Controlling tools, and others in order to bring the needed transparency. The team working on the solution is very motivated to reach the vision and to also further enhance it. They work in a “You build it, you run it!” manner, are self-organized and incorporate their best knowledge in.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- Focus: As a full stack software engineer, you will develop both front end and back end micro services and you will be fully responsible for the entire application lifecycle. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to add value for a modern system meant to be used by the entire organization.
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You enable a high degree of automation on every level
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so
- Customer feedback: As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production
You are a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of experience working in NodeJS and ExpressJS
- You have knowledge Git version control system
- You have knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
- Knowledge on running apps on Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms and deploying through GitHub/Jenkins
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
- Experience on unit testing and end to end testing tools (good to have, automated would be a plus)
- Familiarity with the standard software design patterns, web application and web services architectures, RESTful APIs
- Advanced English knowledge – writing, speaking and listening
- Education: You have a degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Strong communicator: You have exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration, and strong attention to detail
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love
- You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job or from others or by accessing the training programs we have.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted16 March 2021
ProfessionFull Stack Developer