Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From eCommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your Product:
The Checkout Security & Automation product team builds the technical foundation of all the checkout solutions that we continuously deploy to our stores by putting together best technologies for ease of operation.
As a Technical Product Owner in the Checkout Domain, you will play an essential role in developing the new generation of Metro checkout solution by providing development tools and a comprehensive configuration management platform.
We have developed and continued to improve a multi-platform Point of Sale software that runs on any device, allowing hardware flexibility and the possibility to check out from any corner of the store.
Curious to get more information about the team, the solutions, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- Your product goal is to provide a continuous delivery experience that is ubiquitous regardless of whether teams are deploying to the public cloud, Metro’s internal data center, or 700 Metro store locations
- Your product provides configuration management capabilities for thousands of highly distributed clients running the in-store checkout solution
- Your product team handles the integration of checkout specific hardware devices from 25 countries
- You will manage existing functionalities and roll out new features
- You will monitor the usage of the solutions and establish needed actions
- You will look for creative ideas and present them to users and stakeholders
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in leading agile projects as a product manager or equivalent
- Passionate about large scale distributed environments and open-source technologies
- A good understanding of the tech stack and product life cycle
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g. test-driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, edge computing and microservice architectures
- Relevant security understanding: endpoint security, r.b.a.c, DevSecOps
- Basic idea about (at least) one programming language
- Contributor mindset, motivated by co-operation
- Good time management, able to set up priorities and to monitor progress
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Product Management DNA @Metro.Digital:
- Pragmatically building the product vision and roadmap
- Use experimentation techniques to validate assumptions
- Continuous discovery focus, user-centricity
- Ability to build credibility in relationships with stakeholders and team members
- Ability to act FAST! Relentlessly reduce the Cost of Delay
- Prepared and willing to gracefully articulate a ‘No’ with the appropriate arguments
- Be the expert on market trends & industry best practices
- Maintain a critical perspective to drive revisions and extensions for existing products and solutions.
- Data-driven - relies on metrics and concrete results to define success
- Get the most out of the product team
That's why it's worth getting started:
- We are a great team, passionate and engaged that likes working remotely
- We are building the future of retail – what we are developing today will become the future standard
- You’ll have lots of opportunities to grow and develop yourself
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment
Date posted03 February 2021