Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
The Design System in METRO is one of the solutions to digitize our wholesale business. Our system is cross-platform, large-scale, and built on modern but reliable technologies. We need someone who is as good in UI technologies as interested to work closely with different products helping the peers to deliver coherent UI and ensured UX. As a part of the METRO engineering hub, you are going to be in a community that shares know-how, ideas, and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees help us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about engineering in METRO? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
What you can expect:
- Teamwork: Together with your team you make the joint product more innovative to set the pace in the field of UI component libraries. Our team is self-driven, which means that we take mutual decisions on our product strategy and goals.
- Innovations: You implement and maintain innovative UI components, including our interactive and easy-to-use UI documentation. You face challenges such as distributing design implementations to a range of products that are using different platforms and are built on various technology stacks.
- Guidance: You will lead teams in the use of our library and provide technical support to our staff in the use of the component library. Working closely with your peers, you will help them to ensure their code and design quality and speed up their development process.
- Data-driven: You will participate in collecting, processing, and interpreting data that forms the foundation of the product strategy and roadmap.
- Automation: You will be supported by the continuous processes that the team already set up and help to improve them further.
- State of the art: You will identify and implement the latest technological standards in our product.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have deep knowledge in preferably vanilla JS and plain HTML, CSS and Web Components
- You have experience in developing mobile first approach based solutions
- Experience in CSS Preprocessors, Responsive and Mobile Design, Cross-Browser Development
- Experience in Git and DevOps would be desirable.
- You enjoy solving abstract problems and creating sophisticated and generic solutions that are ready for reuse in other products.
- You are excited to try out and implement the latest technologies. You also love working with open standards.
- Fluency in English is not a challenge for you.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- A mature design system serving ~50 products
- The system is expanding to support even more platforms
- Flexible use of innovative technologies
- The latest technical equipment to meet your needs, including a Mac, Windows or Linux laptop of your choice
- An international, open and fair working culture throughout the company
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, work from anywhere inside Germany*, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme and regular employee events. In addition, there are further surcharges for meals on site.
- Comfort: Berlin-Ticket (BVG) for travel with public transportation and E-Bike Leasing. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
*Disclaimer: you still need to come to the office sometimes. Please ask your recruiter for more details
Date posted28 January 2021