The world today is largely driven by technology. At METRO digital, we are driving digitisation for one of the leading international wholesalers in the food sector. From e- commerce to POS systems and delivery software, we are working on a wide range of solutions to meet the needs of our users, customers and METRO employees from over 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we are moving the wholesale industry towards digitalisation and using METRO's long history and expertise in B2B to build a more sustainable market ecosystem.
The goal of your new department:
As Product Owner Design System in the Design Hub of METRO digital you are responsible for scaling METRO Design System. In close collaboration with your team of Software Engineers and UX Professionals you will develop the user interface components of the METRO applications.
Are you curious for more information about the teams, the products or our Tech- Stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/design-hub/
Your new challenges:
- Full responsibility: You are responsible for the product METRO Design System (currently implemented—but not limited to—React.js ecosystem, including Storybook, test tools, Sketch based METRO Design Library and Abstract as versioning system) and define all relevant measures for continuous development and create integration possibilities within the METRO digital system landscape.
- Technology and design as one: You bridge technology-centred discussions constructively into the world of user-centred design vis-à-vis internal and external stakeholders. You represent your point of view with a sound knowledge of design and front-end methods, best practices, and necessary metrics.
- Creating standards: You will establish binding and user-centred development and design standards for METRO User Interfaces together with your team and actively seek the discussion to establish and improve these standards continuously. You do not care whether you communicate with a software architect or a manager.
You fit in well with us:
- Strong team player: You are very flexible when it comes to cross-team cooperation and will adapt your working methods if necessary, to achieve a valuable result in time. Your sense for the right tone at the right time also helps you to communicate critical situations convincingly.
- Data-based development: You show intense empathy for your users and collect quantitative data on needs through active listening and evaluation.
- Your mentality: Use as much data as possible instead of subjective statements. Listening and effective communication are great strengths of yours.
- You have sound knowledge of user experience design as well as modern front-end technologies (especially React.js, Angular, Web Components,) and the associated user-centric standards (e.g. Accessibility, Performance optimization and test-driven-development).
Therefore, it is worthwhile to join us:
- You are in the driver's seat to create an user-centred design system together with your team and to scale further.
- You develop the building blocks that make METRO's Wholesale 360° strategy usable and appealing.
- You will be part of an international UX community of over 30 colleagues.
Our general benefits:
- Work-life balance: flexible working hours, 30 days holiday and flex office options. In addition, childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive range of further training opportunities through our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programmes, company pension schemes, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals and other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your contact person:
Adrian Schröter - Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted22 January 2021