The world today is significantly driven by technology. At METRO digital, we are driving digitalization for one of the leading international wholesalers in the food sector - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout systems to delivery software, we work on a wide range of solutions to meet the needs of our users - METRO customers and employees from over 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we are moving the wholesale industry towards digitalization, leveraging METRO's long history and expertise in B2B to build a more sustainable market ecosystem.
The goal of your new department:
With over 16 million customers and the increasing importance of the delivery business, METRO needs an optimal balance between risk and supporting our customers with business opportunity-opening credits that set us apart from our competitors. Automation and reliable document management are as much a part of our focus as data-based support for decision-making processes.
Are you curious to learn more? Here you can find information about M|CREDIT, our credit management solution: https://metro.digital/products...
As a Domain Expert you analyze business processes around the topic of credit management and together with a team of Product Owners, Domain Experts, Data Analysts and Engineers you find innovative solutions that support and drive the business in the different METRO countries. For this purpose, you will be in close contact with colleagues from Europe and Asia: as part of an international community of credit managers, corporate employees and colleagues from METRO.digital, you will organize joint workshops, implement activation projects in the countries and act as a link between business and IT. In addition, you will support the presentation of the solution to the "outside world" - for example at in-house exhibitions or in regular newsletters.
What you can expect from us:
- Holistic approach: we align our solutions with the needs of the business. For us, this does not simply mean implementing requirements. We strive to penetrate the business field, to recognize correlations and to find and implement new possibilities for our IT solutions with our technical view. We strive to create added value, therefore we always keep an eye on the profitability of our solution without shying away from trying out innovative approaches.
- Teamwork: As a link between business and IT, we have a wide range of skills. However, not everyone can be equally good everywhere. That's why it's important to us that we know our strengths and bring them to the team, while at the same time accepting support from each other and continuously and quickly learning new things. Our technical expertise allows us to develop good solutions together with our development team. In the same way, we speak the language of business and also consider the business departments as part of our team.
- Modern work philosophy: We understand that digitalization brings constant change and do not see ourselves as shapers of this change. This means that we continuously question habits and flexibly adapt to new circumstances and seize opportunities that we recognize. We feel responsible for our solutions, do not hide behind rules and hierarchies but work on our own initiative and implement what makes sense.
- Technical competence: You quickly understand even complex contexts and are able to explain them in an understandable way. Your in-depth knowledge of the trading and credit environment will help you to do this.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Strong team player: You are very flexible when it comes to cross-team collaboration and adapt your working methods when necessary to achieve a valuable result in a timely manner. Your knack for setting the right tone at the right time also helps you communicate critical situations in a convincing manner. You are a team player who is constantly learning and improving your skills, and you naturally support your colleagues.
- Data-driven development: you show intense empathy for your users and collect quantitative data on concrete needs through active listening and evaluation. Mindset: use as much data as possible instead of subjective statements. Listening and effective communication are your great strengths.
- Internationality: Expressing yourself in English is not an obstacle for you. You move easily in an international context and can quickly adapt to different mentalities.
Our general benefits:
- Work-life balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flex-office options. In addition, childcare options at our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive range of further training via our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, company pension plan, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious as well as discounted meals and other catering options. In addition, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. METRO is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equality of opportunity.
Your contact person:
Adrian Schröter - Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted04 January 2021