Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
As Sitecore Engineer means for you being part of our strong engineering community and as well work dedicated in our product teams building the next level of wholesale websites on the Sitecore technology platform. Commerce and food service distribution solutions within the METRO world are integrated with us to enable online business. We are implementing personalization journeys and use machine learning - relevant data gives us the guidance for decisions. We are also doing continuous Sitecore upgrades to our products to stay updated with latest innovations set from Sitecore.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
Your new challenges:
- Holistic approach: You will be fully involved in the development of METRO's customer websites and contribute from end to end - right from UI designs, implementation until deployment to Production of the product.
- Customer focus: Analyze and evaluate requirements for the customer websites based on research.
- Communicator: You are the technical point of contact for the Product Owner.
- Innovation: You bring innovative ideas and the willingness to learn new technologies. Enable always the latest Sitecore and SXA versions to build state of the art web solutions.
- You have profound knowledge in C# .NET technologies as well as experience in development of CMS based web applications.
- Experience in Sitecore 9.x, SXA, Unicorn, SOLR, Sitecore Rocks, Unit Testing, are complementing your skill set.
- Automating and automatically scaling tests and deployments are fun for you.
- Practical experiences within the CI/CD environment, Docker and Git experience is mandatory
- You are already developing software "full stack" meaning from the front end over the back end to the persistence layer or you want to learn how to do it.
- Developing yourself constantly, learning new technologies, and making our web applications a little bit better every day is what you love to do.
Our general benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. One canteen with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Talent Aquisition Partner
Date posted04 January 2021