Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) help finding an optimal balance between high reliability, maintainability, scalability, resilience, and velocity of our software products. SREs are involved in the software delivery lifecycle and run large-scale applications in production. In doing so, SREs focus on production readiness by developing continuous monitoring and self-healing techniques, mitigating common issues, providing transparency about alerts and incident root causes, as part of instilling a blameless postmortem culture.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You strive for a high degree of automation on every level
- Performance mindset: Your mission will be to increase productivity of development teams by focusing on the cross-functional aspects like observability, scalability, availability, maintainability, reliability, etc, while always keeping the customer in mind. In doing so, you will also be leading postmortems after major incidents.
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so
- Customer feedback: As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production
You are a great fit:
- You also have experience with cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure).
- Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Jenkins, Gitlab are no strange topics to you
- Basic knowledge of monitoring and experience with Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK-Stack or similar tools
- Expertise around web security and networking
- Education: You have a degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Strong communicator: You have exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration, and strong attention to detail
- Mindset / Ways of working: You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. You have experience in dealing with difficult situations and you can make, when necessary, decisions with a sense of urgency
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love
- You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job or from others or by accessing the training programs we have.
- You’ll have the change of both solving reliability issues, but also coding reliability from the inception to running the product. As we strive in automating toil away, you’ll work on more and more complex topics.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
Our general benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme and regular employee events. In addition, there are further surcharges for meals on site.
Comfort: Berlin-Ticket (BVG) for travel with public transportation and E-Bike Leasing. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted23 November 2020
ProfessionSite Reliability Engineer